Friday, September 09, 2005

An Introduction

St. Crispin's is not a commercial brewery persay (as yet) but is somewhat of a project in its infancy with a vision for future possibilities. I won't go into great detail, but the concept of a brewpub in Kansas City with an authentic English pub atmosphere is essentially what has been in development. And I don't mean authentic as in, kitschy pop Brit culture ala Austin Powers with a few Union Jacks thrown about, but a genuine English feel, with authentic British "real ale" and genuine English food using the highest quality ingredients. A small, cozy, relaxed atmosphere...a place that would feel like a taste of home to a UK expatriate. Much more detail has been planned out and a lot has been considered, but such a venture is a long way off, if in the future at all.

So this blog is about the core offering of a future St. Crispin's Alehouse...namely, fine ale. As I experiment and develop brewing skills as well as unique recipes, I'll be posting my thoughts on it here, as well as tips and ideas I get along the way. This blog isn't limited to brewing, though. As passionate as I am about the sweet nectar of malt and hops, I'm also keenly interested in traditional English cooking, which we all know has been much maligned (unjustly, methinks), and you can expect postings regarding certain dishes I experiment with.

And yes, I don't expect readership really at all, but this gives me a convenient way of logging my thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home