Friday, January 13, 2006

A Quick What's-Going-On

Well, while no major brewery projects have been actively undertaken yet, I thought I might offer a couple updates. The Double IPA is all but a bust at this point. I might experiment on it with some enzymes to see if I can get them to digest some of the unfermentables remaining in the half-fermented beer. No matter what the outcome, this won't be publicly released, and only if I somehow perform magic will this beer escape a destiny with the drain.

The Agincourt Ale has been resting in secondary, and I've still got high hopes for it. I was heretofore thinking of corking it, but the high price of corking may put a nail in that coffin...I might wait and see just how good it ends up being. The Black Braggot is still in primary...I haven't noticed fermentation activity so here's to hoping it has just about finished attenuation. D47 has so far proven very reliable in that regard (unlike EC1118, surprisingly). I'm giving it extra time, partly because it is a high gravity mead, and partly because I don't have a free 5 gallon fermentor at the moment! So I'll either have to bottle the cherry melomel, the ginger metheglin, or the Agincourt Ale, or dump the Double IPA. The only real choice here would be either to wait as long as possible and bottle the Agincourt Ale (not something I'd prefer to do, it needs time before bottling) or dump the Double IPA. Or, rack the braggot to a 6 gallon fermentor, despite me preferring to bulk age in 5 gallon carboys with less headspace. Now, I might do that with the Ginger Metheglin...it is in need of a racking.

I've been partaking in the Honey Koelsch of late...what a nice, light ale it is, it definately makes the "brew again" list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home