Friday, January 26, 2007

An Update or Zwei

Tomorrow night I will be fobbing off some of my hoppier creations to unsuspecting innocents, and I thought I'd post a couple updates.

First off, the Ardennes IPA is magnificent. Best homebrew ever. The sort of beer that you gaze at lovingly, perhaps tearing up a bit, and gasp out incredulously, "I made this?!" Yes, its that good. Only a mother's love, so to speak, or rather more accurately, only a hophead brewer's love.

Secondly, the black IPA (Centennium, IBA, whatever I ended up calling it) is still not carbed! That is frustrating. It is too good of a beer to do this to me. The last beer that crossed me like this, well we all know what happened to it! >:^0 Yes. It was consumed by a wrathful emoticon. Feel mah funky rage!

And finally, the Chipotle IPA (notice an IPA theme here?) is sitting in the fermentor and I'm a little afraid to go near it. It is going to be searingly hot. 20 dried chipotles in 5 gallons...basically a half a pepper per each pint. That's fairly reasonable I'd say. But I have this fear that it is going to make the drinker sweat (though I cannot take credit for this glorious ensuing simile) like Oprah in a donut shop. Sweet flame! In a beer...crazy, innit?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home