Monday, September 26, 2005

A New Mead and Some New Plans

Another mead is in the primary; this one of local clover honey is to be the base mead for a blackcurrant melomel. I once again used apple cider, this time only 2 gallons, mainly as a nutrient aid. A good 5-10 lbs of blackcurrants added to the secondary fermentor will no doubt give this mead a rich, dark colour and a delicious blackcurrant flavour. My Spiced Cyser is coming along nicely, and I will be bottling it next weekend, as I don't want the spices to grow too strong. It's going to take some time to tame.

Take heed, hop lovers...the two next beers on the horizon will contain more hops than you can imagine. A standard strength ale with overly heavy hopping will come first, followed by a Double IPA of high strength and even heavier hopping. I'll have to do a Sweet Stout or Mild Ale just to counterbalance those, as these will be some bitter and hoppy beers, to be sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home